Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blog 3

Blog:  A) Post your early ideas for the Hypertext Assignment (Project 1).  B)  Post your experiences with your demo google.site thus far - try to identify what kind of help you are going to need.  C)  Also, start to collect images you might want to incorporate into Project 1.  Think of this week as the "image blog" -start collecting images on your Google Drive.

For my first project, I was thinking about the similarities between a lot of electronic literature works and those "choose your own adventure" books from when I was a child. Basically we want to create something that no two readers will find exactly the same way. This made me automatically think of the horror genre (for whatever reason). All the times I've watched one with my friends and screamed at the screen, "Why are you doing that?!" or, "Don't go down there!" so I wanted to create a story where, as much as possible, the reader can choose what the character in the story does and potentially how they react to certain things. Essentially, I would like the reader to feel as though they are the character in the story. 

Another aspect of this project that I'd like to implement is one full story being told through three different areas of the world within the story. For instance, One will be a house, the second would be a forest, and the third could be a church (I think). If the reader only went down one path, finished it, and never went back to go down another, they would not get a full story. These are just some preliminary ideas i've had rolling around in my head. 

Also, some pictures I might would be: 




No comments:

Post a Comment